LEARN TO MAKE OUR NAUGHTY GIRL SCOUT SUNDAE!09 Feb 2016, Posted by SpritzBurger News in
NAUGHTY GIRL SCOUT SUNDAE
Thin Mint Ice Cream
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups sugar
4 cups heavy cream
10 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon pure peppermint extract
1 tablespoon pure chocolate extract
1. Heat the milk, salt, and sugar in a saucepan.
2. To make the ice cream, set up an ice bath by placing a 2-quart (2l) bowl in a larger bowl partially filled with ice and water. Set a strainer over the top of the smaller bowl and pour the cream into the bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg yolks. Gradually pour some of the milk into the yolks, whisking constantly as you pour. Scrape the warmed yolks and milk back into the saucepan.
4. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom with a heat-resistant spatula, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula.
5. Strain the custard into the heavy cream. Stir over the ice until cool, add the extracts, then refrigerate to chill thoroughly. Preferably overnight.
6. Freeze the custard in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Once frozen to soft serve consistency fold in 1 package crumbled Thin Mint cookies. Freeze the rest of the way in a freezer.
Makes about 1 quart
Hot Fudge Sauce
Yields 5 cups
16 ounces unsweetened chocolate
12 tablespoons butter, unsalted
2 2/3 cups water
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups corn syrup
1 tablespoon salt
4 tablespoons Cat Daddy Moonshine
Melt the chocolate and butter very slowly in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring frequently until combined. Meanwhile, heat the water, sugar, corn syrup and salt to boiling in a heavy saucepan. When the butter and chocolate have melted, stir the mixture into the boiling water. Turn the heat up and stir until mixture starts to boil; adjust heat so that sauce is just maintained at the simmering point, stirring occasionally. Allow sauce to boil for nine minutes.
Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes. Stir in the moonshine and serve warm over ice cream.
Do ahead: Sauce can be easily and quickly reheated in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds. Stir and it will be shiny and even again.
3 scoops ice cream, drizzle with bourbon brown sugar syrup, top with hot fudge, whipped cream, and brandied cherry.